Patients of Missouri Ozarks Community Health have the following rights:
- Courteous and respectful treatment, including sensitivity toward your cultural and personal values, beliefs, and preferences.
- Receive appropriate health care based on your needs and continuity of care from different health care professionals.
- Receive complete and current information about your treatment so that you can make informed decisions, including information about diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis, and the risks and benefits of recommended treatment, this includes information about prescribed medications and their purpose, possible side effects, and any alternatives to medication.
- Receive information in plain language; appropriate assistance will be provided if you cannot read or speak English or if you have communication impairment.
- Refuse or terminate services or treatment (as permitted by law).
- Expect that the professional working with you has met the qualifications of training and experience required by law and to be informed, upon request, of the professional’s education, training, and experience.
- Information about fees, the method of billing, insurance coverage, and whether we are willing to accept partial payment or to waive payment; also, information about the expected length and charges for those services, before receiving the services, and a right to reasonable notice of changes in services or charges.
- Refuse to give any information at any time; however, the lack of information may affect our ability to help you.
- Request a different professional, within the limits of our agency’s clinical practices, health insurance, medical assistance, or other payment programs or agreements and as agreed upon after review, by the Medical or Dental Director and provider.
- A referral (as deemed necessary by the provider) when you need services we cannot provide.
- Information about available health and social services in the community, upon request.
- A coordinated transfer when there will be a change in the provider of services.
- Privacy related to your health care: case discussion, consultation, examination and treatment are confidential and conducted discreetly.
- Confidentiality of your records, unless 1) you authorize in writing the release of these records, or 2) as provided by law. You are allowed access to your records according to state and federal law; this and other rights and restrictions concerning the privacy of your records are described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- You may assert your rights without retaliation. If you have questions about your rights, please ask your provider.
- We will not discriminate against you in the provision of care, treatment or services based on age, sex, race, creed, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual preference, public assistance status or criminal record.
- You have the right to be free from sexual harassment, sexual contact, verbal, physical or sexual abuse, and any form of exploitation by the staff treating you.
Reporting a Complaint
- You may openly communicate your dissatisfaction, and raise questions or concerns about the service you have received without fear. Missouri Ozarks Community Health wants to know about your dissatisfaction or concerns.
- If you are dissatisfied with our services, please contact us or tell one of our staff. They all can assist you in resolving difficulties. If an individual staff member is unable to help you, they will involve your healthcare provider or a Supervisor in an attempt to resolve the problem. If you remain dissatisfied or still have concerns, you may file a formal complaint by completing a patient/visitor complaint form and/or contacting the following agencies:
Missouri Ozarks Community Health
504 W. Broadway Ave,
Ava, MO 65608
Missouri Department of Health
Jefferson City, MO 65109
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.Download PDF [Notice of Privacy Practices]